Touring Shws Not To Miss?

• Members

I'm sitting here mixing one of the best shows I have seen in the past 10 years...Kris Kristofferson.

I had no idea how many songs of his I knew, and how good the writing is. He is probably one of the world's best songwriters and al hell of a nice guy as well.

If any of you get a chance to see his show, it's well worth it just for the experience of hearing him sing from such a wide selection of material.

Any other "must see" shows out there that fly just below the radar?

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

I had no idea how many songs of his I knew, and how good the writing is.

Doesn't hurt to be brilliant. Notice a few blurbs from his bio below......

Education:

High School--San Mateo High

College--Pomona College; graduated Phi Beta Kappa as a creative writing major

College--Merton College, Oxford University; attended on a Rhodes Scholarship (studied English literature)

Awards:

1970--ACMSong of the YearFor the Good Times

1970--CMASong of the YearSunday Mornin' Comin' Down

1970--NSAISongwriter of the Year

1971--GrammySong of the YearHelp Me Make it Through the Night

1971--NSAISongwriter of the Year

1973--GrammyBest Group PerformanceFrom the Bottle to the Bottom (Kristofferson and Rita Coolidge)

1973--NSAISongwriter of the Year

• Members

It's not for everyone (Kris Kristofferson certainly isn't for me), but Slim Cessna's Autoclub tours heavily and puts on a very good show.

They are sort of a cross between country and punk. They've got songs up on myspace which are a good representation, and they put on a pretty high energy live show.

• Members

Singing is great, guitar playing is a bit rough but it fits the style and image of a highwayman.

He is a sharp guy, very aware of the global social situations and how they fit into the big world picture. Class act all the way.

Junior brown is another thumbs up.

• Members

I take it these are artist we've worked with (not just seen).

My tastes in music are so diverse that it's hard for me to choose but so far the one that impressed me the most this year was Patti Austin.

Another memorable show was a (now defunct) group called "Bailee and the Boys" (the leader Kathie Bailee's vocals brought tears to my eyes night after night (that's pretty damned impressive)). Great composition and guitar work in this band as well.

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

I'm sitting here mixing one of the best shows I have seen in the past 10 years...Kris Kristofferson.

I had no idea how many songs of his I knew, and how good the writing is. He is probably one of the world's best songwriters and al hell of a nice guy as well.

If any of you get a chance to see his show, it's well worth it just for the experience of hearing him sing from such a wide selection of material.

One heck of a film/tv resume as well:

http://imdb.com/name/nm0001434/

...not to mention that IMDB lists his as being born in June 1936, which makes him... oh, 70 freakin' years old!? :eek::confused:

God bless him - I hope he keeps goin' strong for a long while. :thu:

Archived