reverberation problems

• Members

Recently i got a job at a disco and when i put music it sounds good. But the owner also makes band play there. The place has real bad problem, too much reverberation, so the sound its masked a lot.

if someone knows how to deal with this i will apprerciate a lot.

i was think to buy a rta but im not sure.

The second problem i have is, im working for other guy how owns the equipment to make sound reinforcement. He put the speakers attached to a wall that is behind the stage. I told him to move the speakers in front of the stage, because its imposible to make sound reinforcemenet this way.

The amps of the pa are working to 65%, and the amp on stage monitor is working 50%.

The guy said its too much work, to move the speakers because they are to heavy.

anyone have other solution for this.

:mad:

• CMS Author

Using an RTA could possibly improve both problems. It's really difficult to 'fix' a bad room with only EQ though...there's only so much that can be done, then you must improve the room itself to get any more improvement.

I'd say most likely you would do well to hire an experienced installation professional for this service.

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

Have you considered some professional help? A [good] consultant may be able to help solve your problems based on experience and education rather than just guessing and hoping for the best.

Yeah, probably the most expensive way of solving your problem would be to hire a consultant to come in and install some acoustic dampening foam. That'll bring down the reverberation a LOT. I have no idea what the consultants charge or how much the stuff is to tell you the truth, but I can guess it'll probably be up there in cost.

• Members

I am scared that someone who nails their speakers to the back wall, and then does not want to listen to their own sound guy who tells them that they have to move the speakers "in front" of the stage, is a) not going to hire a consultant, or b) not going to listen to them if they do?

But it would be great if they did.

• Members

im triying to convince the owner of the equipments to move them,because the speakers are attached near the ceiling, where there is a huge glass and the sound bounces a lot.

i know he doesn't want to spend money.

if i move them down to the floor, closer to the audience, the sound will we more clear. So this way i can raise the gain on the stage monitors, and everyone is happy.

:idea:

Archived