EV N/D 967 For Acoustic Guitar ?

• Members

They sure do rave about it...

that is a pretty neat site actually. They were touting the Baggs M1 guitar pickup too, which I have also heard good things about.

I am definately no pro. And I don't have that mic. I do have an EV ND 357 B, and it is a nice mic, with a nice rich tone.

I bet the EV that you are talking about is also a pretty nice mic.

I have a shure SM 58, beta 58, and a beta 87. Those are all nice mics too.

Between that EV mic that you are talking about, and a shure beta 57, I just think that they are both really nice mics, and I bet you could get acceptable results from both. Maybe even really good results.

To be honest, for most stuff, it is hard to beat a SM57, really. If a beta 57 isn't good enough... I am not sure what to say. All mics have their own particular sound though of course. Finding just exactly the right one for your specific circumstance is going to be done only by trial and error, or getting with someone who has a tremendous amount of experience, and really good ears.

I know this is not really much of an answer... but there it is.

• Members

I have an SM57 and have been very happy with it. So far all my shows have been small so I haven't needed much volume. I was trying to plan ahead. I'm buying a bigger setup and hope to get a fewer larger shows.I thought maybe the SM57 might not cut it in larger,louder venues. Thanks for the response.

Archived