is there an "avatar" of small pa?

• Members

Avatar is a company that makes great sounding, but cheap guitar and bass cabs. Is there a company that takes a similar approach for pa cabs? I am not talking like something like Madison or the various "AWESOME PA DJ SPEAKERS" that are all over ebay. Avatar is a company that holds high standards for pro audio equipment, yet delivers it with an oustanding pricetag.

• Members

Well, there used to be an Avatar of speaker cabinets since Avatar used to build PA cabs too. So the answer to your question is "YES" in the most literal sense. :D

First off, what do you need your PA cabs to do (vocals at practice, coffee house gigs, big clubs, etc)? How much are you willing to spend?

I've found the best budget option is going used. You can find some decent speakers for dirt cheap if you do some researching and a lot of looking.

• Members

Originally posted by J.

... Avatar used to build PA cabs too. ...

And I'm the happy owner of a pair. Outstanding loudspeakers though on the UGLY side. I spoke with them about full face screens but they weren't really interested because they PA cabs weren't moving as well as the guitar and bass cabs.

Someday I'll rip off the carpet, have them Rhino coated and fabricate and install full face screens.

Archived