RCF vs Yorkville vs Mackie

• Members

Anyone have experience/recommendations comparing of these three brands? Looking at RCF ART-312A, Mackie SRM 450 and the Yorkville NX-55P. I have only heard the Mackies not not the others. I've seen many users here rave about the Yorkville NX55P's.

Another question is I think I'd prefer 15" horns. IS there any degredation in sound quality for a primarily acoustic band going from the 12 to the 15? Won't be running bass or drums through it.

Sorry for all the posts but since the search function is down, I need to ask.

• Members

There are no firm hard rules regarding 12 inch speakers over 15 inch speakers (which is what I THINK you are asking about...as HORNS are usually much much smaller).

One companies 12 inch speaker might sound better than another companies 15 inch speaker... even having more low end... there are many many considerations.

I have only heard the Mackie, and the Yorkville, and I went with the Yorkville for a much more pleasant sound. It is hard to make these decisons i know...and hard to figure out an actually good test.

I have had my yorkvilles for two years or so now, and it is hard for me to think that you would not be pleased with them.

• Members

Originally posted by Rbts

There are no firm hard rules regarding 12 inch speakers over 15 inch speakers (which is what I THINK you are asking about...as HORNS are usually much much smaller).

One companies 12 inch speaker might sound better than another companies 15 inch speaker... even having more low end... there are many many considerations.

I have only heard the Mackie, and the Yorkville, and I went with the Yorkville for a much more pleasant sound. It is hard to make these decisons i know...and hard to figure out an actually good test.

I have had my yorkvilles for two years or so now, and it is hard for me to think that you would not be pleased with them.

You have the Nx55p's or the 750's? Have you heard the 750's and if so, how do they compare to the 55's?

edit: You are correct. I didn;t mean 15" horns. It's been a long week. Thanks for picking that up.

Archived