Hey Bose Engineer...

• Members

A band that I know has a member that's thinking about getting the Bose PAS system. He is thinking that they'll get by with a single "pole" and a single bass module. I think they'll need to at least double that up, but wanted to get your thoughts. They usually play small venues, maybe 100-200 people at most. The have a keyboardist, a bass player, two vocalists, an electric guitar player who also does harmony vocals, an occasional acoustic guitar, another electric guitar player, and a set of acoustic drums. They are usually quite spread out. The way I see it, there are at least 8 sources if no drums are put into the PA. What do you see as a minimum equipment purchase? How much of a problem with feedback is there with the vocal mics' and can it be remedied with speaker placement? Are there any reasons they should consider NOT getting the PAS?

• Members

Thanks for asking.

This sounds like 6 or 7 piece band. You can certainly squeeze it down into a single L1 system (with an external mixer), but a lot extra benefit comes from having spatially separated sound sources, so I'd certainly recommend two systems (if not three). For the bass player I also recommend 2 B1s, anyone else should be fine with a single B1 (unless you start miking drums).

I would encourage your friend to check out our internet forum http://bose.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x where he /she can get fairly personalized attention and can talk to exsisting owners who may have similar situations, setups, and/or music styles.

Another cool tool one of our users came up with is the "sketcher"

http://bose.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/301107819/m/7631089522 where you can draw your typical stage setup. It's much easier to communicate with a picture then with words.

Hope that helps

Archived