12 Channel Powered Mixer

• Members

Good afternoon,

I am a normal resident of the Electric Guitar board, but I have a question for the sound guys in the know!

I know that Carvin has a 12 channel powered mixer, but I can't seem to find another one anywhere.. Sam Ash, Guitar Center and Musicians Friend all carry up to 8 channel (Such as the Soundcraft GigRac 1000).

My band currently uses a piece meal set up that sounds great but just too much to set up anymore. 16 channel Soundcraft mixer, a power amp for the mains, one for the monitors, outboard effects, 2 2x15 columns. I forget the name of the amps... they are oldies but goodies!

I am just looking for some real world opinions... what are you guys using, and what do you like best?

• Members

Why limit yourself with 1 powered mixer get a decent board such as A&H Yamaha, Soundcraft or a Peavey then buy a decent amp most folks recommend QSC then you can expand as the bands grows and start playing bigger venues just my 2 cents worth.

• Members

Why limit yourself with 1 powered mixer get a decent board such as A&H Yamaha, Soundcraft or a Peavey then buy a decent amp most folks recommend QSC then you can expand as the bands grows and start playing bigger venues just my 2 cents worth.

That's what we have currently .. as I listed we actually have a great setup -- but we aren't expanding as a band. It's just us 2 guitars, bass and drums with minimal background vocals. We play big and little venues, and the rest of the band is older than me... I hate having to carry everything!!!! hahaha

So -- maybe I need to clarify what I need.... a compact style of system. 8 to 12 channels... decent power and sound. Speakers are not an issue.....

Archived