PA for acoustic guitar and vocals...

• Members

Can I have some recommedations for a PA that I can use for vocals and acoustic? I am looking to gain more experience singing into a mic and gaining better knowledge of live sound setups. Plus I am sick of sounding like {censored} everytime I step up to a microphone at an open mic session. I have been looking at those Fender Passport PA's because they seem like a good beginner product, and the price is good. But I just want some feedback from experienced people. Thanks.

• Members

I have no experience with the Fender Passport but I would think acoustic guitar would not be a great match. Acoustic guitar needs a good deal of bottom. The acoustic amps mentioned work really well for what you want. Another option would be one or two powered speakers with a 12 or 15. Many, many companies make such a product some even with two or three inputs and some eq.

• Members

Yamaha Stagepas would be good for light acoustic and vocals IMO. It is a similar ''all-in-one'' like the Fender but sounds smoother and has a fuller, overall ''ear pleasing'' sound. Very nice. The link is for the Stagepas 300. A 500 watt Stagepas 500 is now available. Haven't heard it, but if the 300 is any indication, it should sound fabulous.

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail/0,,CNTID%25253D36692%252526CTID%25253D560071,00.html

Archived