New Sennheiser 900's, anyone used them yet?

• Members

Just came across this vid explanation of the Senny 900 series http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aRaamsQ75I

Sounds as if they've addressed some of the issues, I personally had with the 600's (put simply, I didn't like the sound of them!).

Wondered if anyone's used them yet and had any thoughts?:idea:

Cheers! :D

-EDIT- Appears they've been out for a good 18 months two years! Slipped by me that one!

• Members

Yep, they've been out for a few years, but they are great mics. I use the e906, e914 and e935 mics almost exclusively for strings, wind and vocals. I don't even bother reaching for my other mics anymore, unless I need a few extra inputs.

Well that's good to hear, I'd expect the 914 to be excllent. And I'm really interested to hear the 906. Never liked the high-mid flavour of the 609 silver (just sounded cheap and nasty to me), nor for that matter the flavour of the 602 or 604's which sounded overly eq'd and somehow 'boxy' to my ears.

Another engineering friend of mine suggested very similar things, so it appears I'm not totally useless.

Have you tried any of the other mics in the series? The 901, 902 and 904 look very interesting. :idea:

Archived