What's a jumper?

• Members

Is this a Crown product by chance?

Any other amp, stop right away before you cause damage.

What exactly are you trying to do? Is this a byproduct of the advice we tried to give you earlier?

If it's a Crown amp, be sure you understand EXACTLY how the parallel mono works, the red flag goes up when you ask what a jumper is. Crown's parallel mono function is very different than all other manufacturers and it's NOT a common application, only for very specific and uncommon uses.

• Members

Yeah, it's a Crown ... running it in parallel mono mode considering my load is 2 ohms. I don't really understand how I'd connect just a piece of wire between two binding posts, though? I know this is the simplest answer ever ... but I'm not seeing what I'd have to do. Don't you need banana clips for binding posts?

• Members

Stop, let's look at your load BEFORE resorting to this mode.

What exactly are you connecting to this?

I suspect that you would be better off running 4 ohms per side rather than 2 ohms in parallel and that you will end up with the same net output power, maybe more.

Parallel mono mode is for highly reactive loads, and loads with large sub-nominal impedance zones. If you can't define your load profile, you probably shouldn't be messing with this mode.

Archived