FOH speaker height suggestions

• Members

EV's QRX line of speaker cabinets have an additional 15 degrees of down angle in their horns to help cover the front rows when the cabinets are elevated. I use them for mains and it works quite well.

Peavey's new SP cabs have a similar feature.

http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/item/116436/number/00584280/cat/105/begin/1/SP%AE+5.5P.cfm

• Members

OK...so if an average person head height is 4ft while sitting it would be advisable to mount them on stands with the horn at roughly 7ft. So a stand that reaches 6' 7" would be tall enough to get those horns at the proper height in a sitting venue. In a standing venue are you saying those horns would have to reach over 8ft for proper placement?? And now I'm looking at the ef500's dimemsions : Dimensions (DWH xbackW, inches) 14.5 x 18.6 x 28.2 x 11.1 on a 6'7" stand this would put them at about 9ft...should do it for a standing crowd correct??

• Members

Is it OK to tilt NX55Ps at about 8 feet with proper sand bagging at the base?

V.

When I use these I stick to cabinets that weigh about 30 lbs. or less.

I do have some homemade tilters that will handle 100 lb. cabinets, but they shift the center of mass as they tilt the cab, so it stays centered over the pole.

Archived