Guitar work station for one man live band live

• Members

Is there a work station that you can get that is easy to program backing tracks too? I mean to download / edit drum patterns. Then add a bass to it and then plug in a mic and guitar and just go live? Are there any that sound good, portable and also easy to set up?

I'm certainly not going to do this but suppose you could just carry over your guitar, mic, stand and amp to a corner mall or something plug it in and put on a mini concert to earn you evening meals? Just curious.:idea::freak:

• Members

start with a decent keyboard first. That's the most important thing. Yamaha psr2100 is cheap and great for the money. Next...learn how to edit midi files. It's all in the keyboard manual.

After that...transfer all the edited midi files as wave format into a CD.

I think what I'm confused about is what you actually edit on the Midi files. I assume you mean to get a song and then just clean it up. Can you give some examples of at all? Thanks

• Members

start with a decent keyboard first. That's the most important thing. Yamaha psr2100 is cheap and great for the money. Next...learn how to edit midi files. It's all in the keyboard manual.

After that...transfer all the edited midi files as wave format into a CD.

I think what I'm confused about is what you actually edit on the Midi files. I assume you mean to get a song and then just clean it up. Can you give some examples of at all? Thanks

• Members

Yes...in edting midi files...you balance all the channels' volume, add effects, change the instruments (where applicable) if you prefer another instrument on that channel, cut and paste measures etc.

It's not as hard as you think. You can do all that on board the keyboard itself. No need complicating softwares on the PC!

Each keyboard is different in the way you edit midi files. Thats why I said get a keyboard first!

Archived