Peavey 16FX , mp3 Bitrate Not Supported...

• Members

I don't see anything in the manual.....about the mp3 bit rate that the mixer supports, I have some mp3 files on a memory stick but I get a message saying the bit rate is not supported....

The mp3 files are @ 256 bit rate.

Thanks

• Members

That's because you are trying to play 44.1 MP3 on a unit that expects 48K samples. You'll need to convert them to 48k

Seems kind of odd to have a mixer with very specific sample and bit rate requirements... kind of takes the convenience out of having mp3 capability. IMO if I have to convert all my files to play them from a USB drive I'd sooner just hook up a CD player.

• Members

It was really intended to just be able to record your shows without the need to bring along any extra recording gear or a laptop. Probably most people will just plug their iPods into the board via the USB input and not even bother with the memory stick.

• Members

Seems kind of odd to have a mixer with very specific sample and bit rate requirements... kind of takes the convenience out of having mp3 capability. IMO if I have to convert all my files to play them from a USB drive I'd sooner just hook up a CD player.

Agreed...I wish I can play any mp3, I guess is something that Peavey can improved ;)

Because to convert them to an specific rate I have to use SoundForge, and the mp3 converter in SF is not free...iTunes does not have an option for 48k conversion.

• Members

Seems kind of odd to have a mixer with very specific sample and bit rate requirements...

Actually that would be bit rates up to and including 192k ... it will play lower rates automatically.

48K is because that's the native sample rate of the board and it would draw a lot of horsepower to convert it on the fly.

A quick Google search will come up with a list of free converters

• Members

It was really intended to just be able to record your shows without the need to bring along any extra recording gear or a laptop. Probably most people will just plug their iPods into the board via the USB input and not even bother with the memory stick.

I don't have an ipod, only a usb stick. I'm a little confused on formats (USB 2;Type A, B; sample frequencies etc.) I think this is a great idea but I would like to know what you suggest for the optimal way to ultilize the port. I am interesetd in playing back mp3 files during breaks and recording performances. It would be worth it to purchase an IPOD if that is the best and easiest way to make it work( ie plug and go).Thanks

Archived