Amplifier Handles

• Moderators

Hey guys . . . . .I have a bass amp that I don't want to have to rack, but when I do carry it, I would like some handles to grab. This amp is 3 spaces and I'm looking for handles that would just be bolted through the rack ears. Is there such a thing? If so, where can I find them?

• CMS Author

I've seen handles sold separately, but can't find where. I've seen gear (such as QSC RMX amps) that is drilled for handles, but I have no idea if this is a standardized spacing.

If nobody else chimes in, call Markertek 800-522-2025. They claim to be able to find damned near anything odd like this. If they do, let me know.

• Members

I've purchased very respectible rack handles from hardware stores that have a good selection of kitchen cabinet hardware. In-fact the handles I have on my shop cabinet storage doors (right above my head) are kitchen cabinet handles I purchased at Home Depot for a batch of amplifiers that were missing rack handles.

example:

rackhandles.JPG

Seems like I paid a couple bucks per pair. The ones I mounted on amps I used better (grade 5) mounting machine screws than the "butter screws" supplied with the handles. Measure accurately and go shopping.

Archived