Peavey 8600

• Members

Anybody have any feedback on the Peavey 8600 powered mixer? close to pulling the trigger here.

Haven't used it but I've used others in the Peavey XR6xx series of powered mixers - all built like tanks. :thu:

So, maibock1023 - your Sig says you're from NJ (as am I)... whereabout?

• Members

I KILLED an XR600 one time! (Bows) Thank you, very much.

So, let's see, the original price plus $115 to repair it . . . I guess that I have about $600 invested in a piece of equipment that has lasted (as far as I can remember) going on 15 years now and failed only once. I still use that mixer to push three monitors about 30-35 times a year, and I have small mixer available if something happens to the main mixer (and it has, once).

Yeah, I'd say that they are built like tanks.

• Members

I have the XR8300 and the 8600 is the same with a little more power. The unit is built like a tank, the preamps are very usable. The EQ does well and the feedback location is a nice feature. The effects are decent, I prefer a spring reverb. Overall the unit is very solid and a great value. I would highly recommend the unit without any reservation.

• Members

I have the XR8300 and the 8600 is the same with a little more power. The unit is built like a tank, the preamps are very usable. The EQ does well and the feedback location is a nice feature. The effects are decent, I prefer a spring reverb. Overall the unit is very solid and a great value. I would highly recommend the unit without any reservation.

• Members

Yep, great support from the Peavey guys. NJ yes,Oak Ridge, No Morris co.

No kidding - I used to live in Jefferson, Lk. Hopatcong, right off Rte. 181. Am now down in the Roxbury area...

Do you play out anywhere in the area, maibock1023?

• Members

Soon, very soon, thus the need for the PA mixer!
:thu:

Where are you going to be playing? I'd like to hear that Peavey 8600 in action myself - of course, it's quality of sound also depends on what spkrs. you'll be using.

Some local joints I play in: Arthur's in Lake Mohawk (Sparta), The Black River Barn in Randolph, Houlihan's on Rte. 46 in Fairfield.

• Members

I found the PR10's to be very nice for a small portable speaker. I plan on getting some PR12's later and using the 10's for monitors.

I also plan on getting the sub that they make with the built in crossover.

I almost wish that I got the 8600 rather than the 8300 for more power, but I figure that I will use each channel for the mains and power the monitors with another amp anyway which will give me all the power I should need for small to medium sized shows.

Archived