Crown xS series power amps....yay or nay?

• Members

They seem to be very solid amps. What will you be using them for?

I want an amp for my EV / APX 18 subs. So that I do not have to use my B52's with them.

My plan is to use the Yamaha P5000 for the subs, and the Crown XS500 for my Yamaha Club S115 IV's.

I want to be able to isolate the EV/APX subs. Keep the B52's out of it.

• Members

I want an amp for my EV / APX 18 subs. So that I do not have to use my B52's with them.

My plan is to use the Yamaha P5000 for the subs, and the Crown XS500 for my Yamaha Club S115 IV's.

I want to be able to isolate the EV/APX subs. Keep the B52's out of it.

I bought one to power a pair of JBL MRX512 s . Light weight and reliable, a bargain @ $399.

• Members

I bought one to power a pair of JBL MRX512 s . Light weight and reliable, a bargain @ $399.

Thats what I thought too.

I wonder how they compare with a QSC RMX or PLX series amps.

They are supposed to be 1 step above the CE series, which are okay in my opinion.

They seem to be a little bit cheaper to buy (cost per watt), but what about quality, and reliability. They do have the 3 year no fault transferable warranty.

• Members

My Crown XS500 weighs about the same as my PLX's. The XS does not have 1/4 input jacks, nor does it have the DIP switches to change modes and filters--- not such a bad thing. My feeling is that it is a little more "manual" than the RMX and PLX, perhaps more suited for installs. But with a good understanding of how the amp works, I think the clearance prices are excellent. The cooling fans are noisier than the QSC products.

Archived