need to purchase new PA...HELP

• Members

THESE ARE MY NEEDS

i need 2 subs and to go on top of those 2 mid/highs.....a board of nice quality(good mic pres)maybe upto 12 channels and some power.

as i am the guy that unpacks and packs it up i would like this to be easy to set up,fairly light to haul and carry about,could fill a bar/club or a medium size room with plenty of sound/nice and clear.....and easy ont he pocket and i dont need an arena rig i dont need to look flash....just want it to do an awsome job,.....

• Members

I've got pretty much the same requirements as you, so here's what I'm looking at:

Subs: Peavey SP218 pair

Tops: Peavey SP2 pair

Monitors: Peavey SP112 quad

Amps: Peavey PV1600 bi-pack (tops), Peavey PV3800 (lows), 2 Yamaha P7000s for monitors

Mixer: Allen-Heath Mixwiz 16:2

Outboard: dbx 266xl comps, dbx 1231 EQ's

Mixer and outboard are in a combo pop-up mixer/rack case, amps are in a pullover amp rack case with a power distro.

I've used this setup before and it's awesome. The Peavey SP series speakers sound amazing and are a breeze to set up. The peavey amps are heavy as hell, but you've got a quick and easy bi-amped rig right away. Plug in four speaker cables, plug in the mics, power up and your FOH rig is ready to go.

Archived