Anyone familiar with Ross speakers?

• Members

Or any general info on the company? I have a pair of full range speakers from the company ... they're 400 watts with a 15" woofer and horn ... they actually pack a lot of bass in these cabinets. I really like them and would love to find out more info on the speakers ... maybe even a manual. Anyone have any information to share?

• Members

Some additional info ... they're NOT the Ross Typhoon speakers and they have a slanted back ... no speaker stand holes on the bottom. I picked these up for $100 for the pair ... probably the best purchase I've ever made for the money.

• Members

Hey Misery, I have some old Ross fiberglass squre acbinet, 15 and a horn, and no pole mounts either.... I liek them jsut fine. Had to replace the horn, but still, very nice weight, failry decent sound.

some of the gents wiht more expereince can probably give you a little background on Ross....

cheers

C.

• Members

Here's what I heard. Ross was started by the same guy who started Kustom.and the he he started R.A.W. ( ross audio works) . R.A.W. was a guitar/bass amp company. I have 3 of there bass cabs ,2 single 15s and a 4 10. and a 4 12 guitar cab .Over the grills the R.A.W. hand bars like a jail sail .Then they changed the name to Klassic. And made just bass gear using the tuck and roll design of Kustom.The R.A.W. had what looked like e.v. speakers in them there call Edgerton. and the Klassic had e.v.s in them

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

One day I walked in to the music store looking for a small cab for general PA use, switched back and forth between other cabs and this sounded best.

It's a floor monitor, RZ10M. I've always liked it....it's a wedge, with piezo horn. I think I payed $199......pricey by todays standards.

I just pulled out the 10" speaker to replace it with a 10" subwoofer.....basically using the cab as a subwoofer and I really like the results. Good small and cheap subwoofers are hard to find.....this works great. Had to put in a switch to defeat the horn for sub use.

The 10" speaker I pulled out has atleast a 2-1/2" voice coil and very heavy magnet.....explains why it never distorted. I've been poking around looking for specs. on the 10" speaker itself.....data like Xmax, Qts, etc.???

I do have the original brochure that has the entire Ross speaker line, with the specs. published for each speaker model.

Regards.........Jim

Archived