Has anyone heard the Peavey Versarray?

• Members

We were going to order one of these for a good customer, but he was reluctant when no one at the shop had even heard the 112 Line boxes. Was going to see if anybody on here had played with them? We got to see them at NAMM but never got a hands (ears) on experience. They look pretty cool for a relativly cheap line system but i'm not going to push something I know nothing about sound wise. I'm a little reluctant to order six or eight of these boxes just to have in stock so any help would be great. Thanks

J.

• Members

Well...the good news is we have two Peavey engineers who post here frequently (Dboomer and Soundman). I'm sure they can give you the low down and hopefully someone without a Peavey W2 will chime in for the 100% unbiased report.:p I will say the both Dboomer and Soundman are pretty straight shooters and don't through around a bunch of marketing BS.:thu:

• Members

There's not a lot of them out & about yet but they were released at least 6 months ago, maybe a year. Basically any medium size event that Peavey sponsors uses them. Check out the Live Audio Board and search "versarray". There's been several threads on it.

Boomerweps

• Members

There's not a lot of them out & about yet but they were released at least 6 months ago, maybe a year. Basically any medium size event that Peavey sponsors uses them. Check out the Live Audio Board and search "versarray". There's been several threads on it.

Boomerweps

SPONSOR ??? DID HE SAY SPONSOR ??? I THINK HE DID!!!!!!!!!

I finally have someone to forward all those phone calls to now.

:thu:

You have no idea how much I appreiceate this.... :)

• Members

I am in the process of getting an owner to let me install a system of 4 to 5 boxes per side hung above 3 218's per side.

These will be powered by Peavey CS3000 and CS4080 respectively.

The mixers will be an A&H ML4000 for FOH duties, and an A&H ML3000 for monitor world.

I will report back on how this goes, since this is my first on-my-own install. I will start a new thread when the project begins and update it throughout the process all the way to the first show.

• Members

SPONSOR ??? DID HE SAY SPONSOR ??? I THINK HE DID!!!!!!!!!

I finally have someone to forward all those phone calls to now.

:thu:
You have no idea how much I appreiceate this....
:)

Merely the impression I have.

Let's not confuse me, boomer (a navy missile sub) weps (weapons department head), with Don Boomer, a Peavey department head/manager ;>)

Boomerweps

• Members

I'm considering 4 of the top boxes, but am wondering if it's the best solution. for our neighborhood bar and most weddings we use Yorkville NX550P's over small powered subs (Yorkville NX700P's). It's a quick setup that sounds great, but is usually maxed out at all times. I'd like a bit more throw without killing the folks up front. Also, although I know there is "processing", any box isn't going to sound it's best when cranked to 11.

So I guess my concern is:

1 - Am I going to see a marked improvement in coverage and sound quality with only 2 of these boxes per side?

2 - Would I be better off with 2, 60 degree coverage standard boxes per side.

It needs to stay "pole mounted" and also a small solution. We'll be traveling a lot and are pretty darn efficient, needing only a Honda CRV with 4x6 trailer and one other SUV to transport 6 guys and all equipment. Will likely keep the subs as is, although I'm a bit concerned about mounting 100 lbs of speakers over them. Would probably mount on separate stands.

• Members

Even if it's me saying so ... this is an awesome sounding system and you really need to go and check one out. Where in VA are you? Maybe I can find a setup close by.

I can tell you that we'll have a rig for this year's OzzFest this summer. We're doing the second stage with a really cool trailer rig. In fact we're loading it up next week and I'll post some pics. Just mention my name and you'll get in free! ... OK. so it's a free show for the whole tour. Here's the dates ... http://www.ozzfest.com/tourdates.html?sid=1948951699.

We're also doing a stage at this year's Jazz Heritage fest in New Orleans next month. http://www.nojazzfest.com/

There are about a dozen production companies out there with rigs on the road right now and of course a pile of small theater, colleges and churches with systems installed.

Archived