Harbinger Speakers, Where Did This Ones come from???

• Members

Interesting, this is a new product taking the name of an old and well respected company that sold speakers designed by Mark Wayne, from the S.F. Bay Area. He ran with the same crowd as John Meyer (Meyer Sound), John DeLoren (Apogee Sound), Jim Gamble (Gamble Assoc. latyer part of Crest Audio) etc.

The new product has nothing to do with what's being sold today. Mark's original designs used all pro JBL components and much of it is still operating today.

• Members

Interesting, this is a new product taking the name of an old and well respected company that sold speakers designed by Mark Wayne, from the S.F. Bay Area. He ran with the same crowd as John Meyer (Meyer Sound), John DeLoren (Apogee Sound), Jim Gamble (Gamble Assoc. latyer part of Crest Audio) etc.

The new product has nothing to do with what's being sold today. Mark's original designs used all pro JBL components and much of it is still operating today.

So.........What do you think?

• Members

Harbinger speakers?

I think Behringer might bring them to court for using a name that sounds like theirs - because, you know, it's really not fair to steal ideas or names from other companies.
:D

:thu:

• Members

If that 80oz is really the whole structure like it is worded, that's pretty puny.

I believe they're referring to magnet weight only. Isn't 60-80 oz pretty typical for a decent quality 15'' PA speaker (with a 2.5'' VC) I believe this was the weight of the 15s in Yorkville's Pulse line a few years ago. For Harbinger to brag about it must mean it's a little bigger what you'd find in a Nady or Gemini cab? Al

• Members

No experience with them, maybe an ok speaker and maybe not, You would need to hear them in a realistic application and then get some confidence that they will hold up ok.

I was just curious, I never heard the name before...

thanks.

• Members

I believe they're referring to magnet weight only. Isn't 60-80 oz pretty typical for a decent quality 15'' PA speaker (with a 2.5'' VC) I believe this was the weight of the 15s in Yorkville's Pulse line a few years ago. For Harbinger to brag about it must mean it's a little bigger what you'd find in a Nady or Gemini cab? Al

If that's just the magnet, then it sounds kinda like a Delta Pro or equivolent.

• Members
Musician's friend seems to be one of the only places that sells these speakers. They have a great price on their special Harbinger combo. If you buy the combo on Tuesday or Thursday, they large size the amp for free!
:D

Free refills of ferro-fluid?

• Members

I shed a tear the day I saw Phase Linear car stereos in Walmart - made by Sparkomatic.:cry:

• Members

I shed a tear the day I saw Phase Linear car stereos in Walmart - made by Sparkomatic.
:cry:

Back in college in the late 80's some idiot did more damage than my car was worth just to steal my spark-o-matic stereo. I didn't realize they were still around.

As for Harbinger. When I googled I found the name brand is associated with fitness products. Probably the same company out of California. Their website is http://www.harbingerproaudio.com and all they sell are 3 speaker models. There are logos of Guitar Center and MF at the bottom of the page. Looks like it's meant to undercut the would be Yamaha Club series buyer and the like by $50.

From Wikipedia - A harbinger is a sign of things to come. Throughout history and literature, harbingers and omens figure prominently, and are responsible for major decisions which have altered the course of both. - Super, more cheap audio gear to come!!! :bor:

Archived