Can you even call this a "line array"?

• Members

Looks impressive, right?

785b_1_bl.JPG

Until you read the description, which says that each cluster weighs 112 pounds and is 20" wide x 34" tall!

WTF would even be the point of this? I've got subwoofers bigger than that. It's posted on eBay for $4,000 for a pair... Rated for 300W per cluster, too! :rolleyes:

• Members

Looks impressive, right?

785b_1_bl.JPG

Until you read the description, which says that each
cluster
weighs 112 pounds and is 20" wide x 34" tall!

WTF would even be the point of this? I've got subwoofers bigger than that. It's posted on eBay for $4,000 for a pair... Rated for 300W per cluster, too!
:rolleyes:

That must be a mistake in the size.... Looking at the picture, it just doesn't make any sense. They must be at least 4 times taller than they are wide. 300 watts? What's in there? Like a {censored}load of 3'' full range speakers?

• Members

Ah... each "cluster" is actually half of that (one "sub" and four "tops"). So those would be 224 pounds and 20"x68".

And yeah... tops are a pair of 4" drivers, subs are a pair of 8" drivers.

I guess a pair of those could really rock.....an appartment? :)

Not sure why anyone would gamble 4000$ on something like this.....

• Members

I guess a pair of those could really rock.....an appartment?
:)

Not sure why anyone would gamble 4000$ on something like this.....

Yes... um $4000 for a home theater system? No thank you... I'm all set there and would not replace my home theatre stuff because it is awesome... and that "line array" is definately not worth $4000...

• Members

Yes... um $4000 for a home theater system? No thank you... I'm all set there and would not replace my home theatre stuff because it is awesome... and that "line array" is definately not worth $4000...

the company is called beta three, or something liek that, they have been trying to unload these for ages. No one is biteing.

Kev.

Archived