Where to get threaded speaker poles/cups

• Members

I've been looking a bit, but can't seem to find threaded cups and poles. In an effort to keep the poles "straighter" on my setup, EV QRx 12's over Yorkville LS700P subs, I'm looking to replace the sub-woofer cups with threaded ones and use a threaded pole. Anyone know a source for these?

I suppose another option would be deeper cups with some reinforcement. The current ones don't have a large lip and are held with 4 wood screws right into the birch. They tend to rock a bit. The mount location on the QRx is not balanced very well. They are "back heavy" and want to tilt up.

• Members

You could just use aluminum rigid conduit and mount a threaded base to the top of the sub cab. If you reinforced the inside of the cab with a 6x6 piece of 3/4" plywood and then used 5/16" bolts with lockwashers to tie it all together, it should give you just what you want.

I think it will cost more than $3, but if you can round up a shopping cart full of pop cans, you might be able to trade at the scrap yeard.

• Members

not to hi-jack abzurd's thread here but in reference to placing mains over subs are there any options/designs out there that someone has come up with for those that hate the pole look & sturdiness in some cases??

• Members

not to hi-jack abzurd's thread here but in reference to placing mains over subs are there any options/designs out there that someone has come up with for those that hate the pole look & sturdiness in some cases??

I don't know about designs that are available, but I saw a nifty set-up awhile ago. A club band had fabricated a couple of road cases where were basically the same footprint as their mid-high cabs. The road cases were used at the show to get the mid-high's up about the right height sitting on single 18" subs, and did double duty as cable/mic cases during transportation. The spacer cases looked pretty nice too.

Archived