old Shure Prologue 10L ??

• Members

Hi,

My school, being financially crippled, has just been donated some old gear, some of which looks second hand or reconditioned. There's a myriad assortment of trinkets, including some carlsbro PA :) but also this "Shure Prologue 10L" dynamic mic.

It's the mic Corey Taylor uses on the slipknot before I forget video (there's a good view at the start, no need to watch the whole thing)

Just wondering how old is the 10L? I've not had chance to use it yet, has anyone had experience with it?

Thanks

• Members

It's worth about what you paid for it.

They quit making them in the mid 90s. It was a bottom-barrel cheapie mic that performed like a bottom-barrel cheapie mic. It may do alright for speech applications... maybe.

• Members

It's the mic Corey Taylor uses on the slipknot before I forget
(there's a good view at the start, no need to watch the whole thing)

Yup, that's the mic prop used in the video. It's extremely doubtful that was the mic used to lay down the vocal track.

Concerning the quality: Have you ever wondered how they get that special PA announcement sound at a K-Mart? I believe part of it is the (Prologue 10L) mic they use... part of it's the speakers... it's like a magic combination. If that's the sound you're looking for, then a Prologue 10L should get you half way there.

I believe the Prologue 10 might date back as early as 1985.

It's a classic... right there with the Dr. Fong Killerwatt 12.

• Members

Vintage Shure Prologue 10L Microphone, mint

Here's your chance to own a piece of Shure Brothers history. This microphone is in mint condition and works just like it did when it was new. It's perfect for getting that warm vintage sound heard on all the classic vocal tracks of yesteryear. I accept PayPal and Money Orders.

Archived