Yorkville EF500P with LS608 Subs

• Members

Hello, I am in the process of buying a pair of EF500p's (800 watts powered speakers) I plan on using the EF500ps with the Yorkville LS608 subs. I would like to know how well the EF500ps will match and sound with the LS608 subs. Also, which elite processor (cross-over) will suit this set-up.

Thank you.

PS: (I perform indoors for crowds between 250-450 at weddings, community events etc. I perform dance/pop music. I sing and the music is played from my laptop).

• Members

Since the EF500P is an active cabinet, I believe it has all the processing you need built-in. I think you'd need 2X the 608's to keep up if you were doing rock bands but for weddings and solo singer/tracks...I'm guessing you'll be fine.

• Members

Since the EF500P is a powered cabinet, there is already a processor built-in. The dedicated Elite processors are designed for the passive Elite cabinets. What do you plan on using to power the subs? If you haven't purchased them yet, a powered LS800P would match up very well with a pair of EF500Ps and would also have all processing and amplification built-in. Al

• Members

Rups

The EF500p's have a max output of 127db's. The LS608's are rated at 103db's 1w1m. 400 watts is aprox 26db's of gain.

+26

----

129db's

300 watts is aprox 24db's of gain.

+24

----

127db's

So an amp that gives each sub between 300/400 watts would be a good power rating to start at.

I'm not sure which processor would be the one for you to use. I would give Yorkville a call. They should have the answer for you. Should you use a processor be sure to not use the built in low cut or 100hz cut on the ef500p's at the same time as it may effect the overall crossover point of them. I haven't heard the Ls608's so I can't say for sure on the sound but I do know the ls800p works well with them but they are 7db's louder than the ef500p.

Dookietwo

• Members

Thank you guys, I really appreciate your advice and help :)

Al poulin. I have been using the LS608s for about 6 months now. I use a Yorkville AP6040 power amp for running them. (Rated 1250W @ 8ohms)

DookieTwo, I have another question....I normally run my sound in stereo. Is it sensible to run the tops (EF500ps) in Stereo, while the Subs run mono in Bridged mode ?

• Members

Thank you guys, I really appreciate your advice and help
:)

Al poulin. I have been using the LS608s for about 6 months now. I use a Yorkville AP6040 power amp for running them. (Rated 1250W @ 8ohms)

DookieTwo, I have another question....I normally run my sound in stereo. Is it sensible to run the tops (EF500ps) in Stereo, while the Subs run mono in Bridged mode ?

Ouch! That's way too much power for those subs.... Hope you are very, very, very careful. :eek: The AP6040 has a burst power capability of 2000 watts per channel at 8 ohms and a peak output much higher than that. The LS608 is an 800 watts program power rated sub and very efficient at 103DBs per watt.

As for the EF500Ps keeping up? They should sound very good with the LS608s and should keep up for the most part... Please, just be careful with those subs... :eek: Al

• Members

Al Poulin, Yeah the AP6040 is very powerful but I run it at low power and use it very very carefully :) I have another power amp (Yorkville Ap4040, 750W @ 8 ohms, 2400W @ 8 Ohms Bridged) Do you think that amp would be better ? Thanks once again !!

• Members

Al Poulin, Yeah the AP6040 is very powerful but I run it at low power and use it very very carefully
I have another power amp (Yorkville Ap4040, 750W @ 8 ohms, 2400W @ 8 Ohms Bridged) Do you think that amp would be better ? Thanks once again !!

Yes, the 4040 would be a better and much safer choice as long as it is run in stereo with one sub per side. This way, it will put out 750 watts per side and still has a 1200 watt burst power capability per sub so you know you will still be getting a little more power than Yorkville recommends which, in the right hands can be considered headroom. The 4040 is a safer choice, definitely. :thu: Al

• Members

Thanks alot Al Poulin. I really appreciate your replies. I may bother you again if I have more questions (hope you will not mind)

Cheeeeeeeeeeeers !!!!

Mind? Of course not. :) That's why I'm here. You can call me Al. :) I'm always wondering how the guys on this forum pronounce ''Poulin'' since it's such a French canadian name. I know I've heard many variations from the different telemarketers who regularly call me to offer me credit cards... Al - Party-Time! DJ Services

• Members

Hey Al...cheers for all your replies !!! I pronounce your name "Paw" "Lin". If thats not correc then I think it may be pronounced "Po" "Ulin" (rhymes with Violin) :) Am I anywhere close to the way is should be pronounced ??

Rups

• Members

Mind? Of course not.
That's why I'm here. You can call me Al.
I'm always wondering how the guys on this forum pronounce ''Poulin'' since it's such a French canadian name. I know I've heard many variations from the different telemarketers who regularly call me to offer me credit cards... Al - Party-Time! DJ Services

Oulin?

Dookietwo

(from Maine )

• Members

Poulin is pronounced :

Pool + take the word paint but remove the P and T and just keep that ain sound

So you have ''Pool'' ''ain'' = Poulin

Actually the Pool should sound more like Pooh so you would have ''Poohlain'' which is actually what it sounds like.

I didn't want you guys to think of pooh everytime you read my name though... That would be pretty shitty. :lol: Al

• Members

Poulin is pronounced :

Pool + take the word paint but remove the P and T and just keep that ain sound

So you have ''Pool'' ''ain'' = Poulin

Actually the Pool should sound more like Pooh so you would have ''Poohlain'' which is actually what it sounds like.

I didn't want you guys to think of pooh everytime you read my name though... That would be pretty shitty.
:lol:
Al

Thanks, Al-you are well worth the price of admission! :)

Kim

BTW- I have and love the LS608s. That said, I believe the 800s would be a better match for the 500 tops. The 608s don't go quite as low. I chose them for their size and weight (I haven't been the slightest bit disappointed, but I knew, going in, what the compromise would be).

• Members

Hey Al, I had a good laugh with the way you explained your name pronounciation. I agree with Kim....you are worth the price of admission :)

Kim: I too have been using th LS608s mainly becoz they are compact & not too heavy. How many Ls608s do you use and which amp do you use to run them. Thanks

• Members

Right now I am just using a pair of them powered by a Peavey 2600 in 8 ohm per side configuration. Roughly 500-540 watts per side. Very easy on the amp and speakers. At some point, I will clone the cabs and have an extra pair. These things just suited my needs perfectly. Not the best out there by a long shot, but perfect for my use...and being both vertically challenged and a certified (AARP has been stalking me for more than half a decade) old fart, I can lug 'em by myself, which I consider to be important.

Kim

Archived