Case for Mixwizard 16:2

• Members

I am looking for a case for my new mixer, I am looking for something where I can rack the mixer on top side and have a few front slots available on the front for other equipment.

I am considering the SKB mini gig rig but I wanna make sure there is enough space on the back end to keep my cables plugged in permanently.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Members

i have a mixwiz3 i keep in a grundorf box. it is not a rack however so its not what you asked.

this box is extremely tough especially compared to a blow mold rack like skb.

if it were me i wouldnt put my new treasure in a blow mold rack.

this said, i have been less than thrilled with the foam inside the grundorf box. its not quite right but does no harm to the mixer.

• Members

I am looking for a case for my new mixer, I am looking for something where I can rack the mixer on top side and have a few front slots available on the front for other equipment.

I am considering the SKB mini gig rig but I wanna make sure there is enough space on the back end to keep my cables plugged in permanently.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I have exactly what you are looking for...rack mount with the mixer on top, and either six space or ten space down the front side. (I have two).

These are 1/4 plywood with aluminum corners, recessed handles... they are pretty nice... not national band touring level... but well designed and well built... $ 60 for the six unit and $ 100 for the ten unit, plus shipping. I can put some pics on my myspace page if you are interested.

I no longer use any outboard gear, so I just went to a single mixer only case.

• Members

I built one for ours and it has held up well for five years now. Which ever kind you get, make sure it is deep enough as many are built for the Mackie type mixer with the connectors on top. If you get to short a case you will have to rotate the connector pod to the down position which makes it a major pain to plug in.

Winston

Archived