4 channel amplifiers

• Members

I also use the QSC CX amps as high freq amps in my bi-amped monitors. We have the CX404's. We expirimented in the shop and put a channel of the 404 on woofer duty. If you did not need seriously loud monitors, I would not hesitate to use the 404 as a 4 mix monitor amp with passive wedges.

• Members

Of course you could use 2 1U amps. Audiopile's 1U amp comes to mind as well as the ART SLA2, Soundtech PS802 and a few others.

I think the CX series has been discontinued, I have 2x CX502 for one 4mix passive rig that works well enough. The weight is nice (21lbs ea) and the barrier strip outputs are just fine. The cX404 is a nice amp though not as powerful and not 2ohm stable. (I like the ability to run more than 2 wedges off an amp channel if needed, it rarely happens these days but if I need it then it's there)

• Members

Also I might add if you goal is to reduce weight, and space , consider using the Xti amps, that is what we are going to go with for our set up (I think). this is good cause teh DSP is built in, and there for saves the weight, cost, and size of the dsp itself.

Archived