Yamaha Club Series Parts

• Members

I acquired a couple of Yamaha SM12 III monitors in a horse trade this weekend. One of the units has an intermittent horn. I disassembled the unit to check the speaker connections, all which were in proper order. I disassembled the horn as well and cleaned everything. The speaker seems to function well now, but still I think I'd like to have an extra diaphragm on hand just in case.

I've looked online but haven't been able locate a source for this part (the horn is a Motorola unit with a "Powerline" sticker and a 616 stamp). Anybody know of a source for replacement parts for the Club Series III?

• Members

Just get the original. The cost of adding a crossover, and making it much different than the matching box makes it a pretty expensive change for a box with little value.

Diaphrams are not replaceable on Piezo drivers. The entire driver must be changed out. Is it a thread-on, or is it one piece with the horn flair?

• Members

LOL, little value to you, but they cost me nothing and they are a marked improvement over the PR10's I was using.

It's a one piece. It actually looks like a 1" speaker inserted into the rear of the horn.

Maybe I'll just use it as is until it quits again and grin knowing I have $0 invested.

• Members
LOL, little value to you, but they cost me nothing and they are a marked improvement over the PR10's I was using.

It's a one piece. It actually looks like a 1" speaker inserted into the rear of the horn.

Maybe I'll just use it as is until it quits again and grin knowing I have $0 invested.

What size is the actual horn??

• 6 years later...
  • Members
Added to the list of things in the "you learn something new every day"...I didn't know Club series had piezo.

Me too! Gary, are you sure that is the original horn and driver, and are you sure the one Yamaha quoted you is a piezo?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Diaphragm-fo...-/141049886389

Definitely NOT a piezo:

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/275050.html?utm_source=googleps&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=googleps&gclid=CNe11-7J1MACFUoS7Aod-G0AXg

Archived