Anyone know anything about the Yorkville Elite E2104?

• Members

I just picked up a pair in perfect condition out of a church. Paid $500 for the pair. But I can't find anything about this specific model, even off Yorkville's site.

...and yes they're going into a semi-permanent install. DJ and karaoke with subs, but I may drag them out of there for those one or two band-on-a-flatbed summer jobs if I can get some help moving them. They are very big and heavy!

They sound incredible here at home. Like they could throw sound from here to the next county.

• Members

Ay first I thought you had a typo, and you meant the elite 2204 - which is on the Yorkville website under discontinued products.

Finally found the 2104 listed in a pamphlet entitled "Elite Series From Yorkville - Touring And Fixed Installation Enclosures" dated 0199 (January 1999 I assume).

The 2104 seems to be the forerunner to the 2204.

Specs

Program power - 1000w

Ohms - 4

Sens - 100

Max SPL - 130

Frequency Response 55 - 18k

X-over - 1900

HF Driver - 2" B&C DE750

HF dispersion - 90 x 40

Horn throat - 1.625"

LF Driver - 2 x 15" RCF

Bi-ampable - yes

Protection - CTL & Breaker

1/4" TRS connector - 2

Speakon - 2 x Speakon4

WxDxHxB inches - 26.7x18.5x45.4x19.2

Weight - 157 lbs.

Oddly enough in the promotional blurb they say the 2104 has two 15" B&C drivers, contrary to their own specs... strange. The cabinet looks to be about six pounds lighter than the 2204, has a different crossover point and so on. This might suggest a driver change or...?

This number change also seemed to be quick. All of the other cabs in the elite brochures featuring the 2104 match the cabs in the brochures featuring the 2204, no additions or deletions, so I guess something was up.

Anyway enjoy your cabs.

• Members

Thanks Shaster that's a lot more than I knew. Just by looking at them I figured they were similar to the 2204 but assumed it had B&C drivers throughout.

They're here at the shop right now. I think I'll pull one of the 15s and see what it is. But I'm not going to try to figure it out by putting them on scales!

• Members

I pulled one of the 15s and it's RCF. Model L15K80Y. That's good isn't it? From glancing at the spider it looks like it's got a 4" VC.

IIR the model number correctly, those are nice sounding speakers - assuming they're in good shape. I believe that's what I've got in my old EX401's. Nice bottom end out of them, if you're stuck somewhere without a sub.

• Members

IIR the model number correctly, those are nice sounding speakers - assuming they're in good shape. I believe that's what I've got in my old EX401's.

I think they're fine. I pushed them pretty hard and didn't hear any bad things out of them - putting my head as close to each driver as I could get without blasting it off.

Nice bottom end out of them, if you're stuck somewhere without a sub.

Yeah, I noticed. :D And I'm thinking the same thing. They're not that hard to move if there's no stairs. The bar handles and casters are perfectly located to wheel them about. I put a slick sheet of particleboard in my van and they slide in and out easily on their sides.

And they're in really nice shape.

So I'm thinking - when I can get away with it, if I use just these cabs I eliminate taking not only subs, but a sub amp, processor, associated cables, speaker stands for the tops since these are floor standing cabs... the whole system is greatly simplified and load in, out, and setup time will be greatly reduced. I may be using them more than I thought.

It was a typical Craigslist thing - when I called the guy said they'd already been sold. But I asked him to take my number and if the buyer didn't follow through I'd take them for $500. Then a week later he calls back and says to come get them if I still wanted them.

Archived