Shure Warranty Repair

• Members

That sucks! I had an xbox 360 repaired by microsoft and they paid for the box and shipping.

That is because of the red eye of death. It is a known overheating issue caused by a faulty fan. Pretty much a recall, and they extended the warranty for another year.

• Members
That is because of the red eye of death. It is a known overheating issue caused by a faulty fan. Pretty much a recall, and they extended the warranty for another year.

Also known as the red ring of death. Not really a recall, but they sure did the right thing.

• Members

Shure has excellent warranty AND non warranty service. Paying shipping to get it to them is perfectly fair in my mind. If you pay for expedited shipping to get it to them they will pay for expedited shipping back to you.

My experience has been that if you send them a trashed microphone they will repair or replace it for a flat fee no matter what.

• CMS Author

I disagree.

Then you should only buy mics (and any SR products for that matter) from companies that pay all shipping costs.

So far, I know that the following do not pay for shipping the item to them:

AKG

Allen & Heath

Audix

Behringer

Blue

Carvin

Electro-Voice

JBL

Mackie (and all Loud, Inc. products)

Nady

Peavey

QSC

Sabine

Samson

Yamaha

How do you figure it's "unfair" for Shure to pay return shipping only, when the industry practice is clearly the same, or in some cases more restrictive? What is it that isn't fair about this?

• Members
Then you should only buy mics (and any SR products for that matter) from companies that pay all shipping costs.

So far, I know that the following do not pay for shipping the item to them:

AKG

Allen & Heath

Audix

Behringer

Blue

Carvin

Electro-Voice

JBL

Mackie (and all Loud, Inc. products)

Nady

Peavey

QSC

Sabine

Samson

Yamaha

How do you figure it's "unfair" for Shure to pay return shipping only, when the industry practice is clearly the same, or in some cases more restrictive? What is it that isn't fair about this?

wow, relax. I just don't think I should have to pay anything to have a product repair under warranty. It's just my opinion, no need to go on a rant.

• Members

I'm not aware of any company in this industry that will pay for shipping both ways unless the product is dead on arrival or shortly afterwards. Or if it is a recalled, defective product like your X-Box

• CMS Author

wow, relax. I just don't think I should have to pay anything to have a product repair under warranty. It's just my opinion, no need to go on a rant.

It's not a rant, and I'm very relaxed. But you haven't explained why you think it's "unfair" to pay for shipping.

You do realize that you're still paying for the return shipping, and you would ultimately still be paying for shipping to send the unit in even if you don't write the check at that time, right? There's no such thing as "free". You either pay in the event of a failure, or you pay more for the product at the time of purchase?

• Members
It's not a rant, and I'm very relaxed. But you haven't explained why you think it's "unfair" to pay for shipping.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm not making a big deal out of it, I already shipped the mic yesterday.

Archived