FB from guitar amp?

• Members

Our lead guitarist is using a Epiphone LP copy and apparently they stuck some awful cheap PU's in the guitar. When he stops playing esp. the lead channel on his Marshall amp it squeals like stuck pig. I have a extra channel I'm not using on my DBX 266XL just wondering if I could use the gate part of the 266 to help stop the squealing FB from the cheap PU''s in between songs because sometimes he forgets and it drive the rest of us crazy :idea: Would this be a good idea to do? I know the best solution would change the crappy PU's on the LP copy, but that aint gonna happen because the guy stays broke. Not because of bad habits, he pays out a ton for child support which keeps him broke 99% of the time. .

• Members

I already own comp/limiter with gate just didn't know if the gate part of it would help when he forgets to turn down. I mean we only stop for few seconds sometimes between songs but still the squeal, not only gets on our nerves, I'm sure it annoys the hell out of the crowd.

• Members

As a mixperson, that bugs the **** out of me.

Use less gain - he may be overly distorted.

If he has humbucking pickups with covers, remove the covers.

Put a parametric EQ on his rig and notch out the offending frequency (no, a graphic EQ won't do, even a 31 band).

Archived