Sennheiser Ew 300 G2 vs G3

• Members

Are there any significant feature the G3 has over the G2 for the local musician type? I want to upgrade over the PSM200 and the G2's can be had for about $600 NOS or the G3 for $850. It seems the G3 has a lot of features that I don't even understand and probably won't need....only the 5 selectable EQ types might be handy but I'm thinking not worthy of an extra $250.

What say you?

• Members

I looked at the wireless mics when the first came out (having a lot of G2 units that I use) and didn't see anything that was a deal breaker to make me really want the G3s. I haven't checked out the IEMs though.

The EQ was neat but I can't see it working well for me to use it in a large system with EQ at the mic reciever. It would be great for the jobs with one lavalier for a presenter and a powered speaker though, no mixer needed.

It also might serve a purpose for you with IEMs. Or you could just get a graphic EQ if you needed to and probably save some money there.

The other concern is support, they dropped all support for the G1s when they released the G3s. I imagine that will be the same when they release G4 (though you should have several years). We had a G1 handheld get dropped and break and they don't carry any parts or offer any repair for them anymore.

Archived