Digidesign SC48 to interface w/ my Mbox?

• Members

A Digidesign SC48 was just bought for our FOH.

In between shows and during off time I record w/ an Mbox2 in the hotel.

My question is; is it possible to interface the SC48 with my Mac (since I already have the software) and use it to record more than 2 tracks at a time?

• Members

I don't think the SC48 will work for you as it is primarily a live desk. When we do our "motel" recording I use a Digi002R and a Command8. I didn't answer earlier because I was jealous of your FOH desk. Is it as good as it's bigger brother? I've seen and heard the Venue system a few time and it was very impressive.

• Members

I don't think the SC48 will work for you as it is primarily a live desk. When we do our "motel" recording I use a Digi002R and a Command8. I didn't answer earlier because I was jealous of your FOH desk. Is it as good as it's bigger brother? I've seen and heard the Venue system a few time and it was very impressive.

I haven't seen it or heard it yet. I've got the week off in Phoenix but we'll do a production rehersal to tweak it out in Nashville week after next. ..guess we'll see.

We just upgraded from a Mackie digital board which did well (except for the verbs :facepalm: ) for the last couple of years.

• Members

I am a fan of Digidesign and use PT just about everyday. The first time I saw the full Venue system was at a John Mayer concert. I couldn't stop watching the FOH tech playing with that thing. He had a huge smile on his face. The sound was incredible and clean. I've been bugging Digi for a smaller weekend warrior setup but the 48 is definitely a step in the right direction. I'm not sure if the 48 has any of the recording capabilities of the Venue but I assume that if it doesn't now it will pretty soon. The Presonus Studiolive is setting the bar for semi-pro live/recording rigs.

Please let us know what you think about it after you have a chance to mess with it a little.

• Members

I did a little research and found this...

SC48 features a built-in Pro Tools LE FireWire interface, making it easy to connect a computer (sold separately) running Pro Tools LE software (included with SC48) to record and archive live performances or for audio playback. With VENUE and Pro Tools

• Members

I did a little research and found this...

SC48 features a built-in Pro Tools LE FireWire interface, making it easy to connect a computer (sold separately) running Pro Tools LE software (included with SC48) to record and archive live performances or for audio playback. With VENUE and Pro Tools

Archived