Another quick question (LS720P)

• Members

I apologize for clogging up the forum this morning but i'm setting up for the first time in a while and i need some refresher advice. My next question is about my Yorkville LS720P Subs. What are the Boost Frequency and HF Roll-Off dials again? I'm thinking the HF roll off should be almost at max shouldn't it? Also, my NX750P's have a button for LF Rolloff selecting either 40Hz 90Hz. What should this be set to typically? Thanks again everybody.

• Members

Set the LF rolloff (hi-pass) to 40Hz.

Set the HF rolloff (lo-pass, crossover) to whatever you're crossing your tops over at. 100Hz is common. If you're using an external active crossover, then set this all the way "up" or defeat it entirely, if you can, and let the active crossover do it's thing. What tops are you using?

• Members

Wouldn't you set the HF Rolloff on the sub and the LF Rolloff on the tops to approximately the same frequency to create a rough crossover point? For your boxes, I think that will be 100hz. So about the 9 o'clock position on the sub and the LF Rolloff button on your tops pressed in.

The Boost Frequency knob on your sub...I'd experiment with it at the "high noon" position (boosting the 60-70hz area). Some discussion of that here: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1720512

nx.jpg

ls.jpg

Archived