New Mixer recommendations

• Members

Just wondering what mixer you recommend. Looking for a 16 channel analog unpowered mixer. What do you guys use, what do you feel is good ? Typical brands i was looking at include Mackie, Soundcraft and Allen and Heath .. but i have an open mind. Thanks for your help.

• Members

use a soundcraft FX16 and am happy with it. Its about 5 years old and going strong.

Plusses: good crisp sound and EQs, decent oboard reverbs if that matters to you.

negs: uses outboard power supply. never broken on me but i dread the day i forget it for a gig. Only 2 pre fade aux.

• Members

i've been using a mackie for a while now. it works fine and it's kind of nice to have some of the features but it also seems that a lot of them just are not that useful to me.

that said, now that my mackie has developed a bad channel i've taken the plunge for the mix wiz. waiting for it to arrive is painful

• Members

i've been using a mackie for a while now. it works fine and it's kind of nice to have some of the features but it also seems that a lot of them just are not that useful to me.

that said, now that my mackie has developed a bad channel i've taken the plunge for the mix wiz. waiting for it to arrive is painful

Mackies do have that ribbon cable problem. It's sad that the problem has been around for years and isn't fixed yet. Mackie is now in serious financial trouble.

You will love the Mixwiz. It is well worth the wait.

• Members

Depends what else you may need. If you're shy on EQ's, gates, effects, compression, limiting (basically no rack gear) you may want to look at the Presonus StudioLive. More cash up front, but nothing else needed for a professional mixing setup with all the goodies.

• Members

a friend of mine picked up that peavey board as well..used it at one of my bands shows in place of my carvin because he was dying to try it out...definately a really nice board sounded great and was nicely laid out. the onboard effects are way better than the onboard carvin effects (personally i use very little if any effects..so to me this is no big deal). the dsp was very easy to navigate and figure out as well..i think a lot of those boards will be popping up in the local clubs

• Members

you'd be happy, and not at any working disadvantage with a Soundcraft, A&H, Yamaha MG, Peavey FX(or even the PV20). everyone likes to jump on the Mixwiz bandwagon, and it is a good mixer(i own a v.2), but there are plenty of decent choices.

I really enjoy my mg24/14fx with two built in effects, and take it regularly to many gigs all year. the soundcraft mpm are pretty cool too. if you want a console type board, take a look at those, as well as the A&H ZED series, like the zed24 or the zed fx. i do like having an efects unit in the board

i just don't have as much comfort level with samson or carvin myself, not saying those arent reasonable choices, i just havent used them and i have to count on my stuff well over 100 times per year. skip behringer..and maybe mackie

Archived