Dynacord D-lite

• Members

Hi all,

I'ts been quite some time now since the last I posted anything here. I want to thank you all for sharing your knowledge and I hope that someone can contribute some more on a specific question.

I'm interested in the Dynacord D12-3A D-Lite. The name Dynacord is reassuring and I've read in other forums that people like the Dyncord D-Lite 2000 but I've never heard it myself.

The D12-3A is a small (20 kg) 3-way (12"/6"/1") speaker in the price range of FBT HiMAXX 40 A, JBL PRX 512M, RCF ART-722 and other similar speakers. If someone has heard it I would like to know; is the sound quality in the same ballpark as well?

I've actually not heard any of the above but I'm quite familiar with the RCF ART-322 (seems to be the standard around here) so if possible please use it as reference.

/Mattias

• Members

I've actually not heard any of the above but I'm quite familiar with the RCF ART-322 (seems to be the standard around here) so if possible please use it as reference.

I own a pair of 322a's and have heard the D-Lite 2000 many times.

Honestly, different league... Dynacord sounds sweeter, fuller, richer, better in all aspects. Been longing for one since I heard it for the first time.

Used a Madras PA last night and it sounded like heaven. A lot like Meyer...

Here's a thread I started first time I heard the D-Lites...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2509629

• Members

Wonderful, just what I wanted to hear, that simplify things a lot. At over 3000 euros for one 15" top the madras better sound good. A competitor in that range is the RCF TT+ series which by chance happens to be my other option.

My plan is to buy 2 of the Dynacord D12 and an FBT HiMAXX 100SA (I just cannot justify spending over 2600 euros on the Dynacord sub) but I can do without the sub in which case I can buy a pair of RCT TT-22A or a used pair of TT-25A (which at 1500 W/piece I must say would be OVERKILL). Another option could be to buy the TT-08A and a sub, that would be quite reasonable considering my needs but on the other hand I would not be able to do without the sub at any time.

Going for the Dynacord would save me a couple of hundred which could be spent on better mics but on the other hand I wouldn't mind spending more money on a better system as long as it is within reason. I've heard the TT-08 and a TT-line array and I know they sound very good but I'm not sure I can justify the pricetag so my second question would be:

Have you or anyone else here heard both the D-Lite and the TT? Is there a night and day difference or is it more a question higher output?

/Mattias

• Members

After some contemplation I seem to find myself ready to order the Dynacords, my only other remaining option is the used TT-25As, they're far more than I need but still an intriguing alternative. My main concern now is the sub, I'm not sure that the HiMAXX is the best choice for me, anyone that has any experience with that sub?

Other options would be:

Montarbo 119 SA

RCF ART-905 AS

JBL PRX 718 S

RCF 4 PRO 8003 AS - Very heavy though

KME Versio 15/18 - Starting to get expensive

Acoustic Line TSM SUB DP+ - Very expensive :cry:

• Members

I dont know if you have any amps that could make a big difference if you dont. The D-lite tops will need power. One of the nice features about the D-lite sub, even though its pricey it has the ability to power tops and extra subs.

• Members

I dont know if you have any amps that could make a big difference if you dont. The D-lite tops will need power. One of the nice features about the D-lite sub, even though its pricey it has the ability to power tops and extra subs.

He's buying the powered ones...

• Members

Yes, I'm buying the powered ones. I want to be able to use them without the sub on the smaller stages.

I have placed the order on the Dynacords and the HiMAXX and I also added a wired in ear kit (I don't need to move around a lot); I chose one of the nicer kits in order to get proper protection for my ears. Besides that I got a couple of drum mics, DI-boxes, cables, cases and stands. There's a lot more money in the peripherals than I had calculated, on the other hand I don't need to buy it all at once; I feel that it is important to get the basic structure with speakers and mixer right in the first place but once that it in place the rest can be easily upgraded when needed.

I'm guessing it will show up in the beginning/middle of next week and on the following weekend I'll have a chance to try it out with the orchestra. Unfortunately I don't have any events planned where I can really try what it's capable of but I can give you some first impressions and then I'll write a review later on.

Archived