Peavey 24FX - 16FX

• Members

Anyone with experience or general opinions on these. They appear to alot of features for the $$$ but how usable is it. Does it require a surgeon to manuever around on it and apply the features. Sound? I have a Carvin 2442 DX and it's ok but I want something with more aux send and better efx. This also has comp and gates. Thanks all.

• CMS Author

Seems like a decent mixer and a pretty good value. I'v eread kindof a lot of posts about issues with the DSP features needing updates and fixes, so I'm not sure it's buggy or has been sorted out by now...you might want to look into that a bit. Maybe Soundman will see this and chime in....he designed the damned thing so he should know....

You'll get good support from Peavey. Great folk to deal with.

• Members

Hopefully, I can get an after-action-report on the FX in the next month or so. My only complaint on the FX so far is the lack of EQs on the auxes and austere user manual, but everything else seems to be rather handy. Now, I just gotta find a rack to fit the mixer, a power amp, and a couple of EQs for auxes and I will be good to go!

• Members

if all goes as planned, im in the middle of getting a group together and planning on buying a new system. the 24fx is the board I have chosen, everything is built in, if the eq's are not adequate enough, then adding an external is possible. built in fx and feedback ferret. Local store said they had a few glitches with the early models but have since work them out. (as most new products have). There is some great u-tube videos explaining the operations on settings and how to navigate that panel....

Also the 16 channel will fit in a rack top.........the 24 channel will not , but check e-bay and someone on there makes a nice case for these for cheap

Archived