Finally...purchased

• Members

Hello Folks,

We fianlly purchased some good speakers & found the deal on ebay. Unfortunately no subs...those will come. We will be receiving the HPR 153i' along with a DR, some cables and "padded covers" all for a price under $2,400.00 and all new with free shipping. I don't think I could have beat that with a stick. I know I'll be ecstatic to see them at my doorstep in the following weeks. Thanks for all of the insight, advice and for being here. I talked to my friend who actually works at GC and he was just blown away at the deal. He explained to me he couldn't have gotten me a better deal. Go figure. He told me that ebay and CL is killing them. All I need to say is to GC is be more competitive, then. Go back to the way GC used to conduct business. No reasonable offers turned down. IMHO ebay has a much broader variety than GC's new, used or consigned stuff from . Great choice as far as I'm concerned. I mean who ever heard of Mach Bass? I admit they sound good for the most part but c'mon no SWR, Eden or Yorkies? Geesh. Their instrument selection at GC is awesome but again, ebay has them won hands down although, normally I wouldn't purchase used instruments from ebay or CL, even though my '73 Ric was purchased through CL. This one was special. Just thought I'd add that little bit of note. B C ING U

Thanks again

:thu::thu:

• Members

Hello Folks,

We fianlly purchased some good speakers & found the deal on ebay. Unfortunately no subs...those will come. We will be receiving the HPR 153i' along with a DR and some cables all for a price under $2,400.00 and all new with free shipping. I don't think I could have beat that with a stick. I know I'll be ecsatic to see them at my doorstep in the following weeks. Thanks for all of the insight, advice and for being here.

:thu:
:thu:

Just out of curiousity, why did you choose these say over Yorkville EF500P's or Mackie 1530's?

Good speakers, just curious?

• Members

Hello Folks,

Thanks once again for the responses. I have not really heard the Yorkies and I have read some negative threads about Mackie To me, QSC has a good reputation, sound great and I have not heard or tested the Yorkies. I think the DR and the free shipping made this a sweet deal. We have a GC near here. Even my friend couldn't come up with that price even if I were to pick them up, myself. I will be in the market for a pair of QSC 181i's in the future. I can pick up the tops & subs for about 3 grand. Not willing to really go over budget that much at least not right now. With a few paying gigs under our belt, we might be able to save up for those, a rack and more mics. Thanks again.

• Members

Hello Folks,

Thanks once again for the responses. I have not really heard the Yorkies and I have read some threads about Mackie gear being negative towards Mackie. QSC, to me has a good reputation, sound great and I didn't think the Yorkies looked in good enough shape. I think the DR and the free shipping made this a sweet deal. We have a GC near here. Even my friend couldn't come up with that price even if I were to pick them up, myself. I will be in the market for a pair of QSC 181i's in the future. I can pick up the tops & subs for about 3 grand. Not willing to really go over budget that much at least not right now. With a few paying gigs under out belt, we might be able to save up for those, a rack and more mics. Thanks again.

I wasn't around when you were looking and I wish I was! I think a lot of people are snatching up the QSC stuff based on the logo/name. When these first hit the market, my buddy sold his vehicle to afford them and I TRIED to talk him into yorkville. He went with the QSC stuff and spent a little more than my LS800P under 1530 set up. The QSC setup looks good, seems reliable and sounds ok. Just not the best bang for the buck. I'm REALLY disappointed in the 181's.

Just my opinion, i think they will most likely work great for ya!

• Members

The QSC is a very good value for the money. IMO, the 118 sounds just fine, comparable to everything else out there in that price range, including Yorkville.

I 100% agree it's a good value and it sounds good... But a QSC vs a LS800P is no comparison in my book. The QSC runs out of steam and the LS800P is just getting warmed up!

• Members

I 100% agree it's a good value and it sounds good... But a QSC vs a LS800P is no comparison in my book. The QSC runs out of steam and the LS800P is just getting warmed up!

Unless you care for the bottom 1/3 octave. 2 different approaches, solutions, and tradeoffs.

Archived