Here we go again.... :(

• Members

Up 'til last winter, I'd sometimes have as many as 10 does/fawns standing in a 30ft. circle in front of my livingroom window. They usually appear after midnight, but I've had yearlings come to the back yard at noon, bobbing for crab-apples under the snow.

I've only ever seen the buck once. He was across the street a few hundred feet away, standing in shadows. He'd let his girls browse for a while, and call when he thought they should follow "daddy" :)

• Members

All gathered around listening to the one note samba ;-)

That should be my theme song :thu:

Actually, summa my favourite music is that Bossa-Nova/Latin stuff; Meditacao(Meditation) Antonio Carlos Jobim, and Joao Gilberto. Throw Stan Getz into that mix,,, add a little sprinkling of Astrud Gilberto, and ahhhhhhhh!!!!:wave:

" and when she passes,,,, each one she passes goes,,,,ahhhhhhh !!!!"(Girl from Ipanema)

Corcovado; I LOVE this tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWIPY_pbbSA&feature=PlayList&p=AA5C984005BF8986&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1

Hehehehe, I just went downstairs to get a beer, and a doe was munching on a lilac bush at the livingroom window. I was maybe 8-10 feet away from her. She suddenly sensed I was there, raised her head, looked me straight in the eyes, froze for a minute, then bolted.:)

• Members

here in Florida I went to the beach earlier in the week and am looking at a nice high of upper 60's for my super bowl party! Sorry. You guys can stop drooling now, its not all that great. Our deer here look more like dogs they are so small
:facepalm:

Ya,,,, I've seen summa those Florida "Dears",,,,, (Allex Costa,,, be my guest.) :)

• Members

Ya know this winter has been pretty decent. I'm in upstate NY and drive for a living. Its been cold as all hell but it's kind of nice to be able to share "our" snow with the rest of the nation. I've always been a considerate person LMAO! As far as those not accustomed to driving in it, one of the most entertaining evenings I've ever spent was in Olive Branch Mississippi. Its about 12 miles or so south of Memphis and I was there for company training. They got a small ice storm. We grabbed a couple of cases of beer in Memphis (Olive Branch is in a dry county) and sat in the lobby and watched fender benders happen all night. Must have been close to 15 of them. We were worse than the crowd at a hockey game waiting for a fight to break out LOL

• Members

Ya know this winter has been pretty decent. I'm in upstate NY and drive for a living. Its been cold as all hell but it's kind of nice to be able to share "our" snow with the rest of the nation. I've always been a considerate person LMAO! As far as those not accustomed to driving in it, one of the most entertaining evenings I've ever spent was in Olive Branch Mississippi. Its about 12 miles or so south of Memphis and I was there for company training. They got a small ice storm. We grabbed a couple of cases of beer in Memphis (Olive Branch is in a dry county) and sat in the lobby and watched fender benders happen all night. Must have been close to 15 of them. We were worse than the crowd at a hockey game waiting for a fight to break out LOL

Haha, you redneck!

• Members

I'm actually in Boyertown. It was supposed to actually get maybe 8 inches, and was supposedly at the upper edge of the storm.

Craig, how do you guys deal with a wallop like that? I don't imagine snowblowers are a common household item in your neck of the woods.

I shovel my driveway, but an 8" snowfall can have me shovelling for about 8 hours. (4700 sq.ft. of paved surface). Hell, with a 16" dump of snow, I think I'd just batten down the hatches, grab my guitar, pop open a Guiness or two, and wait for Spring.

;)

Archived