Underpowered subs?

• Members

Our leader has a PA with 2 Behringer 1800x subs powered by a Crown 402s. Mains are Behringer 1502 rated 400/800@8 ohms driven by A Behringer 2500. We also use a dbx Drive Rack. The subs put out very little. Could we do better by bridging the Crown? It's only rated at 350 w stereo into an 8 ohm load. Or use the Crown on the mains and run subs from the Behringer 2500?

• Members

I'd definitely swap the amps the other was 'round. Better yet sell that P.O.S. Crown and get another EP2500 - I last used an amp without a clip limiter in the 70's :eek:. As you have a driverack it is usable but make sure you have it limited properly. But the most likely cause of having low output on the subs is that the driverack isn't set up properly - what is the gain to the mains amp vs the gain to the sub amp?

• Members

With its 1,800-Watts power handling capability, the B1800X cranks out massive amounts of aggressive bottom-end, making it the ideal way to add tremendous punch to your current sound system.

That is a quote right of the Behringer website. Looks like they really don't live up to the hype!:facepalm:

The B1800X PRO features a powerful 18" long-excursion LF driver in a tuned enclosure, providing rich, tight bass all the way down to 40 Hz. That

• Members
Bridging into these subs will only cause driver failure.

Can't bridge a 402 into 4 ohms anyways. Betcha a beer they don't have the gain to the sub amp up high enough anyways :facepalm:. As for the marketing BS they ain't any worse than the other companies' MI level gear BS.

• Members

Can't bridge a 402 into 4 ohms anyways. Betcha a beer they don't have the gain to the sub amp up high enough anyways
:facepalm:
. As for the marketing BS they ain't any worse than the other companies' MI level gear BS.

Well nobody says they can't.:lol::lol::lol:

Marketing BS? Uli is the King!:poke:

• Members

With its 1,800-Watts power handling capability, the B1800X cranks out massive amounts of aggressive bottom-end, making it the ideal way to add tremendous punch to your current sound system.

That is a quote right of the Behringer website. Looks like they really don't live up to the hype!:facepalm:

The B1800X PRO features a powerful 18" long-excursion LF driver in a tuned enclosure, providing rich, tight bass all the way down to 40 Hz. That

• Members

Our leader has a PA with 2 Behringer 1800x subs powered by a Crown 402s. Mains are Behringer 1502 rated 400/800@8 ohms driven by A Behringer 2500. We also use a dbx Drive Rack. The subs put out very little. Could we do better by bridging the Crown? It's only rated at 350 w stereo into an 8 ohm load. Or use the Crown on the mains and run subs from the Behringer 2500?

The best advice here would be:

Read this forum for a couple of months, then sell everything you have minus the driverack and start from scratch...

• Members

I had a pair of those for a while, had to replace one of the woofers under warranty after using outdoors with one mismatched bridged amp per sub, basically 700 watts to one and 1000 watts to the other. Previously, indoors I ran them 350 watts each and they were alright but nothing great. AFTER the repair, I ran them in stereo off an RMX2450 for 500 watts each. They worked much better and sounded great INDOORs.

I hope you are wiring them to bypass the internal passive crossover. Too high a crossover frequency, not a sharp enough filter, and even wiith the DRPA you don't want to run the signal through another set of filters.

Boomerweps

• Members

Just as an FYI:

The Crown XLS Series, from the 202d right up to the 802d CAN be bridged per the Crown Forum. This is a common misconception due to Crown not listing the power ratings in this configuration. However, there is a marketing/reporting/compliance reason why they can't list it in the specs - not that the amp isn't capable of bridging to 4 ohms. Pre "d" series, they all could be bridged (older ones required a special pin realignment on the XLR Y input cable). The following was posted by DGlass (a Crown Staff Member) on the Crown Forum re: XLS 4 Ohm Bridged mode:

Crown doesn

Archived