Talk about stupid

• Members

I placed my monitors in Bridge mode while they were piggybacked. I used one side today , it sounded real good. I piggybacked them afterwords..and not to my surprise..a distortion came from both monitors. Talk about stupid. I didn't push the amp past 3:00 and it still clipped that night. Talk about stupid. This was all done after I had rang the room and I was messing about with some cables and I must have hit the Bridge switch by accident and didn't bother to change it over to stereo. Talk about stupid. I discovered the adjustment when I went to plug the mons back in today. Talk about stupid. I got the correct cables today and I haven't checked out the entire system Talk about stupid. Just hope the amp doesn't like to be piggybacked. However, I don't think that will be the case. Talk about stupid. :blah::facepalm:

• Members

Almost all amps don't bridge into the speakers just by "hitting the bridge switch" - they also require rewiring the speakers. So I rather doubt you actually bridged them. If you actually were clipping the amp:

#1> Don't use amps that don't have clip limiting :facepalm:.

#2> That would fry the HF drivers - bridged or not.

Archived