Daisy Chaining Passive & Active Speakers

• Members

I'm setting up the PA system for a local show, and we're mic-ing up everything so we can control the levels. We're planning to use 4 speakers for monitoring, two active and two passive. Since the main mix is in a non powered mixer what would be the best way to do this? We do have a couple of EMX 660 Powered Mixers available. Thanks.

• Members

I've found more passive speakers, I was thinking the best way to do it would be to mic everything up into a ten track mixer then taking the left out into the EMX 620 (I think it's this one). This then has 4 outputs if I'm right, which could power 4 passive speakers? I need a lot because it's a pretty big venue. Then for monitoring I thought I could take it through another power amp/mixer (this ones older) and take the left into a monitor, then through the monitor into another. Then take the right into a single monitor. Would this work? Also is there any way I could allocate one monitor to the vocals, as this would be better than the whole mix coming through all of the monitors. Most of the stuff is pretty old as I'm borrowing it. The 10 track mixer is pretty standard, it has 2 XLR main outs, then 2 jack to jack monitoring outs.

Thanks.

Archived