RCF 310A mania

• Members

I've been looking for a second pair for a while and found a single for $300 a month ago on fleaBay but it wasn't packed well enough and the volume control was nerfed frown.gif. I kept it anyways as I can jumper out the volume - I usually use them up full anyways.

Now I just "best offered' a pair that have always been bracket mounted so in great shape for $100 less than they were asking figuring they wouldn't go for it at $300 each shipped. "Unfortunately" they went for it and now I have four plus the "fixerupper" freak.gif.

I do still have the "twofer" brackets from when I used to run two pair of PR10's so no more covering a thousand people with only one pair biggrin.gif.

Yesterday was covering 150x150 feet outdoors, still a stoopid big space (over a thousand at 20 sqft each) and I only brought my 34 lb 2x12 "subs" freak.gif. It was fine at "family friendly" volume though smile.gif even though some were seated all the way in the back freak.gif with maybe 300 in attendance. I mixed about half way back straight back from the SL "stack".

• Members

nchangin wrote:

Nice! any video or pics? I hear so much about RCF starting to think about switchin' my JBL's for those, would just like to hear a set sometime, but I'm in the sticks.

Yah know, when I'm mixing I just get into that headspace and can't be bothered with pics or even pay attention to what guitars, keyboards, and amps are in use. Yesterday would have made a great pic too frown.gif. The iPad even has a half decent camera built-in facepalm.gif.  It was weird how some folks came early and purposely set up 150' back freak.gif. The audience distribution was pretty even all the way back with lots of rugrats running around and sitting up front - a bit too close to the RCF's IMO as I had them down low sitting on the stage a couple feet lower than normal and I'm sure they were tickling the limiters a bit towards the end facepalm.gif

Archived