BEST QUALITY BACKING TRACKS FOR LIVE SOLO SINGER? SETTING UP THE LIVE RIG?

• Members

Hi. I'm a crooner (Sinatra/Cole/Martin/Como/Torme, etc...) embarking on a live solo venture for corporate functions, weddings, festivals, etc...

Want the highest sound quality backing tracks w/scrolling lyrics. Are .wav files the way to go? Or something else? MP3s? Suggestions for specific backing vocal sites? 

As a playback decice, will any new PC laptop work? Or is a MacBook Pro (or an iPad) a better choice? What (if any) software do I also need to run the backing tracks?

Think I have everything else...powered mains, monitors & subs, mixer, mics, cables. What am I still missing? 

Absolutely any/all comments/suggestions welcomed. 

• Members

I will suggest that wav, ac4, higher sample rate mp3 are all going to be plenty fine. Much more significant will be your choice of arrangements and your own delivery. IMO, too much focus is spent on things that dong matter rather than things that really do.

• Members

Yes, of course, the actual ability to carry a tune is paramount. Then having a fine arrangement that suits you well. Got the first one covered. That's the easiest part. By far. Need to check out various arrangements for each tune in the sets & pick the nicest ones. Time consuming, but not difficult. For me, getting up to speed with the actual electronic delivery system is the fly in the ointment. 

Archived