power amp for ev force i 25

• Members

thanks btw i was tell by a sam ash saleman that i should buy peavy 2600 or something around 900w@4ohm bc the power handling it is 600cont/1200program/2400peak and he said to me that i should look at program wattage not at continous.sorry for this dumb questions but i dont know what to buy it.

• Members

The Force drivers are 200 watts RMS each. The box is essentially a 400 watt RMS box, and powering it with between 400-600 watts is PLENTY. Also as Craig points out, the 50Hz HPF and limiter are really important since the drivers have very limited Xmax.

The Force driver is a nice driver within it's significant limitations. The HF driver is pretty small and very expensive to repair. Be careful.

• Members

The Force drivers are 200 watts RMS each. The box is essentially a 400 watt RMS box, and powering it with between 400-600 watts is PLENTY. Also as Craig points out, the 50Hz HPF and limiter are really important since the drivers have very limited Xmax.

The Force driver is a nice driver within it's significant limitations. The HF driver is pretty small and very expensive to repair. Be careful.

ev force i 25 are 600w continous and 1200w program /2400 w peak where did you get 200 watt.. maybe im wrong but the the info said 600/1200/2400

• Members

The driver is a 200 watt continuous driver, maybe EV has increased the numbers to be more marketable but it's a 2.5" voice coil and a pretty small magnet as well. For a 2 driver box, you would of course add the two LF driver's power handling together but you also need to look at the 4 ohm rating of the amp as well.

Based on MY considerable experience reconing this driver, I stand by my recommendation. Powering at 600 watts RMS is a good choice unless you want to risk damage from overpowering.

• Members

The high frequency in the force boxes is the same driver that is in the Eliminator i ( 350 watt ) the SX 300 ( 300 watt ) the DH 2010 . the failure rate is extremely low . and the repair cost for the diafram installed is around $ 60.00 $ 40 if you want to do it yourself. Try fixing a JBL for that.

• 5 years later...
  • Members

The manufacturer Electro Voice itself recommends those speakers to be amplified by an amplifier EV CP2200. That means 2 x 800 Watt RMS at 4 Ohm. You can read it overhere http://www.manualslib.com/manual/43633/Electro-Voice-Dual-15-Inchtwo-Way-Full-Range-Speaker-System-Force-I25.html.

For those who are looking for second handed Electro Voice Force I25, or new if they are still findable, don't hesitate to buy them !!

They sound with really 3 dimensional wave forms, in stead of the flat (behind glass) and seemely 2 dimensional wave sounds coming from the new series ELX215, at sort of speaking. 

The Force I25's were made in USA. The ELX215 in China.

If you hesitate, you definitely have to look to the sound quality of EV Force I25 on Youtube. And in my opinion, they can't be beaten by JRX125's at all, as I put in question, maybe rarely, by of a lot more expensive loudspeakers.

Found them ? Buy them !! And check the sound on youtube.

Archived