Cleaning PRX speakers (and getting inside)

• Members

Hey all,

I have had a PRX setup for a bit over a year now (612's, 615's and 618S-XLF's). What is the best way to go about cleaning the outsides of these speakers?

When the occasional dust mark or something gets on it I have just wiped it with a cloth, but recently the speakers have been doing some rounds at a few bars in town and have gotten a few drops of alcohol and such on it. I am just wondering the best way to give them a good clean without damaging anything.

Also, I noticed a rattle inside oneof the PRX612's the other day. I gave it a shake and it sounds like there may be a tiny stone or rock or something inside. Am I ok to pop off the amp and have a look around without voiding warranty?

Cheers!

• Members

Thanks Aged, will get the window cleaner onto it!

I'm over in Australia, I believe Jands take care of JBL over here. Might be best to contact them directly? I doubt it's doing any harm, just annoying hearing a little rattle inside the 612 now!

• Members

I would contact the distributor. Your warrant terms and produres are different than in the states. If should be looked at because it could be something like a screw rolling around which could cause damage to the amp if if gets in the wrong place.

(correction of auto-correct)

• Members

FYI, response was:

Thats fine, sometimes components vibrate loose and we suggest opening and checking it out yourself.

As long as no components are dismantled the warranty is fine

I'll pop the back off this weekend and take a look. Is it pretty accessible inside to see what is going on?

Archived