QSC KLA

• Members

witesol wrote:

So, has anyone used these Fixed arc line array boxes from QSC? It's basically a k12. Seems the angle is too extreme for more than a 4 box hang. 

Yes, a few weeks ago. In fact, for most applications the angle is too extreme for a 3 box hang!!!

What were they thinking?

• Members

I didnt really care for them when I heard the system (and I like the KW system) and AS mentioned the angle of the dangle is not that great and frankly, at that price point I would be looking at other options (DB Technologies. etc) if I was looking for an "array" system.

• CMS Author

agedhorse wrote:

witesol wrote:

So, has anyone used these Fixed arc line array boxes from QSC? It's basically a k12. Seems the angle is too extreme for more than a 4 box hang. 

Yes, a few weeks ago. In fact, for most applications the angle is too extreme for a 3 box hang!!!

What were they thinking?

Looking at their pictures, it looks as if a 5 box hang would only work in a venue with one or a series of balconies. Some Broadway theaters are rather shallow and tall, so the uptilted boxes could work.

But for the typical outdoor or larger one-floor venue, this is a no-go. That's the downside of a fixed arc...you have to go with something. I agree with you...why go with this arc?

Archived