Oh, and mounting holes for a 12" speaker

• Moderators

I bought a "speaker ready" cab and the t-nuts are set so that there's a 8 1/4" distance on center between the top two, and also the bottom two, but there's an 8 3/8" distance on center between the top and bottom sets of t-nuts.  The maker says it's a bummer that my speakers (Eminence Li'l Texas) don't fit but that their mounting fits most speakers.  facepalm.gif

I've never seen a speaker that had holes unevenly spaced around the circumference of the frame (which is what their spacing would imply) but hey, maybe there are some.  idn_smilie.gif

What say you all and thank you kindly. 

Terry D.

• Members

Sounds to me like you got a load of bs buddy.

With any bolt circle you measure from center out to center of the tapped hole.

In your case it would be 4.125 inches or 4 1/8 from center.

Typically evenly spaced in degrees around the bolt circle.

Example:  4 holes evenly spaced on a 4.125 bolt circle., or 8 holes evenly spaced on a 4.125 inch bolt circle.

I have never ever heard of a bolt circle witth uneven spacing, and different distance from center for a loudspeaker.

Take note I said NOT for a loudspeaker.

• Moderators

Pro Sound Guy wrote:

Sounds to me like you got a load of bs buddy.

With any bolt circle you measure from center out to center of the tapped hole.

In your case it would be 4.125 inches or 4 1/8 from center.

Typically evenly spaced in degrees around the bolt circle.

Example:  4 holes evenly spaced on a 4.125 bolt circle., or 8 holes evenly spaced on a 4.125 inch bolt circle.

I have never ever heard of a bolt circle witth uneven spacing, and different distance from center for a loudspeaker.

Take note I said NOT for a loudspeaker.

Yeah, I'm thinking they don't understand what I'm telling them about the mounting holes.  They're great with handles, too.  Check out this pic (the other side handle is lined up correctly).

New cabinet

Terry D

• Members

if you go on a speaker builders forum, one problem that comes up all the time, is retro fitting drivers with different hole patterns and chassis diameter, considering its a reflex box, not a horn loaded sub with limited access, the fix in this case was easy, and i think for the sake of using 8 self tappers or drilling 4 holes and re using the t nuts, the guy has give the vendor a hard time for nothing.

Archived