Compatible earworn mics for Line 6 XD V35L wireless system.

• Members

The girls in the theatre show I stage manage for have bought 3 of the Line 6 XD V35L wireless lavalier systems. The problem I have is finding headworn/earworn beige mics to go with the system. The beltpacks take 1/4" TRS plugs, not the 3.5 locking jacks or mini XLRs. Would the locking 3.5mm plugs fit into a 3.5mm to 1/4" stereo jack adapter? or would the locking ring prevent this?

I've done a bit of Googleing but cannot find any suitable mics with 1/4" jack plugs. Typically they are needed urgently, first shows are starting on the 24th October.

Regards, Simon.

• Members

Iirc Don, that transmitter model (w/ 1/4" input) doesn't offer bias power for condenser mics and maybe not enough gain for a micro condenser mic?

Sounds like the wrong tool for the job, needs the correct transmitter. There are lots of good mic options with a 3.5mm input version.

• Members

Thanks for the info Don. I've managed to head them off at the pass and got them to cancel the order for the V35L's. So it's back to the drawing board, as the girls are a bit restricted budget wise. 

Agedhorse, according to the V35L Pilots manual the TRS has a 5V bias on the ring, signal on the tip. 

Regards, Simon.

Archived