Static on Mackie DL32S

• Members

My month-old Mackie DL32S has developed persistent static on channels 17-24. I have been in touch with their support by email and they suggested a hard reboot with firmware update. It has not resolved the issue. Has anyone had this problem with any of their iPads based units? Any suggestions? Thanks

• Members

I don't know if the racks XLR's are setup on 1 PC board or in sections of 8 but it sounds like a possible ribbon problem. Could be xlr's 17-24 are on their own PC board and a ribbon cable interconnects them with the others. If its under warranty send it in before attempting to fix it yourself . If not then open it up and try reseating the ribbon cable (S) that feed 17-24.

• Members

Not sure where your located but if in the USA some states have a 90 day replacement guaranty policy. This supersedes any company guaranty. If they sold it to you in your state they have to follow the rules your state has as far as return policy. I think a 3 month delay for repair is way too much and they should issue you a new one.

Doug

Archived