Latest "C" rig upgrade

• Members

This PA started off as something for my low volume jazz group to play out with, initially with a pair of Behringer B208D powered mains placed behind us and a Yamaha MG82CX mixer w/mic-stand mount. I had "Y" cables for a couple of the XLR inputs in case I needed more channels (vocals, horns, acoustic guitar). I'd play bass through a 1x10 combo.

For rock band use I now still run the two B208D's behind the band as monitors and a pair of newer B108D's as the mains - I like the B108D's (phenolic?) HF drivers better than the B208D's (titanium?). I just added a single Behringer B1200D sub so I can (lightly) mic the kick and even go direct with the bass I play. Guitar amps NOT mic'd :p . I like the clean uncluttered stage look and of course the minimal load-in :) . Plenty loud enough for small bars and indoor private parties. The MG82CX provides me with 4 XLR inputs, a stereo line input that I can "Y" a mono keyboard into, and an aux input that works OK with my Zoom MS60-B multi-FX used as a bass preamp (have to crank it up though).

I have a single pole to mount one main over the sub and three Knox brand aluminum stands that I'm impressed with. All Audiopile cables of course ;) mostly 30 footers with some 10 footers where/when needed. Monoprice 15' AC cables (I hate short AC cables). The sub is 47 lbs I think and easily carried by one hand :) .

Anyways an experiment in how small/light a PA you can have for a full-on geezer rock band LOL.

I'm tempted to get a second sub to balance out the look but I don't think I really need it. I hate "lead kick" and "mud bass" angry02.

• Members
Mostly playing bass in 5 bands these days. No money (and more importantly' date=' no respect) in the low end of the sound biz hereabouts. Still fun to try to optimize my systems for low weight and easy setup :) .[/quote']

Personally, I think that's the way to go. Any venue that needs a larger rig usually has their own. I hate hauling young man's gear. Give me something small, light, and functional. Shoot, I just replaced my Yamaha MGP16X analog board with a Behringer X Air X18 because it's small and light.

• Members

I used a pair of B208Ds in the same fashion for a while, but found they were a little lacking for my needs. I now use them as a pair of floor monitors (they work very well for that) and switched to a pair of Turbosound ip2000s for mains. Still very lightweight and small footprint, but imho do a better job at filling the rooms without overpowering up close. Used for a 4-piece geezer rock band in 25-100 seat venues and small outdoor gigs. I've even used the Turbos for a street dance, but I added a pair of Yorkville P210 subs to fill get the bottom to carry a little.

• Members

Personally, I think that's the way to go. Any venue that needs a larger rig usually has their own. I hate hauling young man's gear. Give me something small, light, and functional. Shoot, I just replaced my Yamaha MGP16X analog board with a Behringer X Air X18 because it's small and light.

On another thread here I detailed my "B" rig which has a XR12 configured to provide 4 separate monitor mixes and separate crossover'd mains and subs outputs :cool:.

Archived